Conditions Potentially Improved by the Acupuncture Treatment Coconut Grove Trusts
Coconut Grove Acupuncture
Acupuncture has been used for over 2,500 years, with the earliest instances going back to ancient China. Professional practitioners of this ancient art are well-versed in all the nuances of the best ways to deliver acupuncture treatments to treat known pathways throughout the body that contribute to overall better health and well-being. The human body has a force within it known as Chi or Qi. When the flow of this force is interrupted, patients can experience illness, uncomfortable symptoms, chronic pain and fatigue.
Restoring this important Chi force to a working state restores the body’s ability to heal. The immune system is boosted, along with a beneficial release of pain relieving endorphins. Some of the best known conditions acupuncture has been known to help include:
- Chronic Fatigue – Whether fatigue is a main symptom or a by-product of another medical condition, that overwhelming feeling of always being tired eventually has negative effects on the immune system.
- Anxiety and Panic Attacks – When a patient is under constant feelings of anxiety, along with experiencing stress that is environmental, emotional, mental or physical, the body is apt to suffer ill effects. Restoring the body to a more relaxed state is one of the most well-known benefits of acupuncture.
- Persistent Headaches – If you’ve ever had or known someone with chronic headaches, whether they’re mild or severe, you know the negative effects headaches have on all other aspects of life. Any joy that might have been experienced from life is suddenly under a cloak of pain and negativity. The role of acupuncture is to relieve headaches and restore the mind to a more positive state.
- High Blood Pressure – This can go hand in hand with anxiety and stress, but sometimes high blood pressure is also a result of genetics. Untreated high blood pressure can lead to heart attack or stroke, so it’s critical to bring the blood pressure back down to acceptable levels quickly to minimize damage.
- Body Pain and Aches – Pain can include specific areas like the neck, legs, back, shoulders and joints, or it can be a more generalized feeling of constant discomfort experienced by sufferers of conditions like Fibromyalgia. Along with pain can come anxiety, depression and feelings of hopelessness. When acupuncture is successful in alleviating some or all of the pain, sufferers are relieved.
- Systemic Conditions like Diabetes – While acupuncture is not a cure, it can help alleviate problems suffered by diabetics like diabetic neuropathy pain. Proper placement of the needles used in acupuncture can also help lower blood sugar and improve the patient’s circulation.